Audit and Assurance Standards Board vacancies
The External Reporting Board (XRB) is the Independent Crown Entity responsible for developing and implementing accounting, audit and assurance, and more recently, climate reporting standards for New Zealand.
Our vision is that New Zealand prospers through effective decision making informed by high-quality, credible, integrated reporting. Our work is focused on ensuring reporting standards and frameworks are internationally credible and comparable, as well as being relevant to Aotearoa New Zealand.
We are seeking expressions of interest for a new Chair, and additional members of the New Zealand Audit and Assurance Standards Board (NZAuASB). This board is responsible for developing and issuing auditing, assurance and ethical standards for New Zealand.
We encourage and aim for diversity on all our Boards. We encourage applications from women, and people from diverse backgrounds.
Chair of New Zealand Auditing and Assurance Standards Board
The ideal candidate for the role of Chair will have:
- Extensive accounting knowledge and experience that may include practitioner, academic, general management and business, not-for-profit or public sector.
- Auditing and assurance standard‐setting experience (highly desirable but not essential).
- A good understanding of the role of auditing and assurance standards in the economy and society including the public interest.
- An ability to consider and address auditing and assurance issues at a detailed technical level.
- Good standing in the international and/or domestic auditing community and the ability to influence standard setting in the international, Trans‐Tasman and domestic contexts.
- Strong strategic skills and an ability to deal with issues at the conceptual level.
- Good interpersonal and chairing skills including the ability to work to achieve consensus while maintaining the highest standards of auditing and assurance standard setting.
The role is part time (approximately 60 days per year) and remunerated. The incoming Chair's term commences on 1 July 2022.
Auditing and Assurance Standards Board Members
These appointments are for an initial two or three-year term (which is renewable) beginning on 1 July 2022. This position is remunerated at a daily rate. Ideal candidates will have a depth of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Assurance experience for small and medium sized entities.
- Assurance experience that includes FMA regulated entities.
- User of audit reports, or analyst experience.
- Corporate governance experience in an accounting, auditing and assurance context.
- An interest in developing assurance requirements for climate reporting entities.
The role is part time and involves 16-20 days a year.
Expressions of interest can be sent directly to the Chief Executive (April Mackenzie).
Monday 17 January 2022 is the closing date for expressions of interest.