Head of Strategy
Sanel is the Head of Strategy at the XRB. In addition to her organisational strategy role, she also leads the XRB’s preparatory work around the development of an integrated reporting framework. Before joining the XRB, Sanel was a Partner with KPMG in China and New Zealand, specialising in financial management advisory, and providing implementation and application advice and training on IFRS accounting standards and the broader corporate reporting agenda. Most recently she was supporting clients in their assessments of the impact of the revised ESG requirements issued by the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and the new common assessment framework on Green and Sustainable Banking issued by the Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
Sanel’s previous roles include:
- being an audit and assurance partner with KPMG in New Zealand primarily focusing on clients in the financial services sector;
- standard setting both as a Board member with the standard-setters in Hong Kong and New Zealand, and as a staff member with the predecessor body of the XRB;
- accounting policy with the Office of the Auditor-General in New Zealand;
- corporate financial management as head of finance for a corporate in Namibia;
- audit manager with EY in Namibia and South Africa