The External Reporting Advisory Panel (XRAP) provides a forum where the three XRB Boards can consult with individuals and representatives of organisations affected by their work. The XRAP is a key part of the XRB's strategy to enhance meaningful engagement with the sector.
The XRAP ensures stakeholder views are heard in the standard-setting process and acts “as a champion” for stakeholders.
The XRAP operates independently of the XRB Boards. It meets twice a year, usually in March and September, and provides input into XRB projects when appropriate.
The XRAP membership reflects a wide cross-section of the financial reporting community: preparers, users and auditors; large companies, small and medium companies, SOEs, central government, local government, not-for-profit organisations; and shareholders, directors, chief executives, chief financial officers, advisors.
Craig is a Consultant with RSM specialising in governance, strategy, audit and assurance advice, and with a strong interest in the sustainability of impactful organisations.
Craig is a recognised specialist in the not-for-profit and charitable sector, has a strong interest in good governance, and holds a range of governance roles. He is an independent Councillor of the Auckland District Law Society, independent Risk Assurance and Audit Committee Chair of Ngati Whatua Orakei, Chairman of the Fred Hollows Foundation New Zealand, and a trustee of the Sustainable Coastlines Charitable Trust.
Craig has a long history in standard setting including serving on the New Zealand Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (NZAuASB) from its inception until 30 June 2020. He has represented New Zealand internationally in assurance and ethical standard-setting matters.
Other current members of the XRAP
- Darren Beatty Head CFO, Rūnanga Ngāi Tahu
- Katie Beith, Senior Investment Strategist Responsible Investment, New Zealand Super Fund
- Simon Brotherton, EY Auckland
- Felicity Caird, Governance Leadership Centre of the Institute of Directors
- Carol Campbell, FCA, Company Director, Auckland
- Peter Gudsell, FCA, Auckland Council
- Joe Hanita, GM Finance and Investments, Parininihi ki Waitotara (PkW), New Plymouth
- Paul Helm, Chief Government Accountant and Head of the Government Finance Profession, The Treasury
- Julia Hoare, Director, Watercare Services Limited
- Garth Ireland, Director, Ireland, Wallace & Associates Limited
- Rick Jones, Country Head for CPA Australia
- Jim McElwain, Executive Director, Institute of Financial Professionals NZ
- Richard Perry, Rocket Lab NZ Ltd
- John Ryan, Controller and Auditor General
- Sheree Ryan, CFO Waikato-Tainui
- Matthew Underwood, Shareholder representing the Shareholders Association
- Joost van Amelsfort, CEO, NZ RegCo
- Peter van Hout, Services Manager, Methodist Church of New Zealand
- Tony van Zijl, Professor of Accounting & Financial Management, Victoria University Wellington
- Peter Vial, Country Head for CA ANZ
- Aaron Wallace, Director, Bellingham Wallace