The Technical Reference Group (TRG) was established in 2014 to provide a forum for the New Zealand Accounting Standards Board (NZASB) to consult on technical accounting issues.
It focuses on the practical application and implementation of accounting standards.
It is an informal consultative group, not a formal decision-making group. The development, approval and promotion of accounting standards and other pronouncements remains the responsibility of the NZASB.
The TRG meets about six times each year and has input into NZASB projects as appropriate.
The NZASB appoints members of the TRG based on their technical knowledge and experience of entities in different sectors and different tiers of financial reporting.
The TRG members are:
- Chair of the NZASB
- Robert Cox, Audit Director and Head of Accounting, Audit New Zealand
- Nicola Hankinson, National Technical Manager, bakertilly Staples Rodway
- Denise Hodgkins, National Technical Partner, Deloitte
- Stephen Hogg, Director, PwC
- Mark Hucklesby, National Technical Director, Grant Thornton
- Simon Lee, Technical Director, KPMG
- Lara Truman, Executive Director, EY
- Natalie Tyndall, Technical Associate, BDO