NZASB ED 2018 -2
2018 Omnibus Amendments to Tier 3 and Tier 4 PBE Accounting Requirements
The New Zealand Accounting Standards Board (NZASB) has published for public comment Exposure Draft NZASB 2018-2 Omnibus Amendments to Tier 3 and Tier 4 PBE Accounting Requirements (Simple Format Reporting – Limited Scope Amendments).
This includes amendments for the following:
- Amendments to align terminology and concepts with the Public Benefit Entities’ Conceptual Framework (PBE Conceptual Framework). These amendments are to the Tier 3 standards only;
- Clarification of existing requirements;
- Adding a requirement to sign and date the performance report;
- Amendments arising from the 2017 Amendments to XRB A1 Application of the Accounting Standards Framework (2017 Amendments to XRB A1). These amendments are to the Tier 4 standards only; and
- Minor editorial amendments.
Accessing the Consultation Document
Commenting on the Proposal
We encourage you to read the Exposure Draft and provide your comments on the proposals by 30 May 2018.
- To make it easy and save you time, answer some simple questions in our short online survey.
Alternatively, send your comments—both formal or informal to the NZASB as follows:
- Either by post to the:
External Reporting Board
PO Box 11250
Manners Street Central
- OR by email to email@example.com
Please also note:
We would appreciate receiving a copy of your comments in electronic form (preferably Microsoft Word format). This helps us more efficiently collate and analyse comments. Please also specify the exposure draft number and title in your electronic file.
Tell us on whose behalf you are making the comments (for example on behalf a group or an entity).
We intend publishing all comments on the XRB website, unless they may be defamatory. If you have any objection to this, we will not publish them. However, they will remain subject to the Official Information Act 1982 and, therefore, may be released in part or in full. The Privacy Act 1993 also applies.
If you have an objection to the release of any information contained in your comments, we would appreciate you identifying the parts of your comments to be withheld, and the grounds under the Official Information Act 1982 for doing so (e.g. that it would be likely to unfairly prejudice the commercial position of the person providing the information).